2 C. cooked and shredded chicken
3 T. butter
3 T. flour
2 C. chicken broth
1 C sour cream
1(4oz.) can fire roasted diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup of cheese.
- Roll chicken and cheese into tortillas and arrange in pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not boil, you do not want to curdle the sour cream.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas in the pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes and then broil in the oven for about 3 minutes to brown the cheese on top.